I didn't expect my Creepypasta post would be the first to reach hundred views, so here's one of my personal favorite, and trust me when I say it's my favorite, you'll be paranoid whilst you're reading it.
..and here's a picture of a cute dog, y'know, just in case you change your mind before reading the whole thing.


 NOTE!
Main character is "I"






PLOT
The Rake
In the 2003s, a humanoid creature sparked the news media. Soon, in 2006, there are several documentaries dating from 12th century till present, spanning from 4 continents, and almost all are identical. I've been in contact with the member of the group and was able to get some excerpts from them.

A Suicide Note : 1964
"As I prepare to take my life. I think it's necessary for me to do this to end my pain, and it was all his fault. For once I woke up and felt his presence. And once I awoke to see his presence, and again to hear his voice and looked into his eyes. I can't sleep not knowing what might happen to me in my next sleep. I can't ever wake up. Goodbye"
 A Journal Entry (translated from Spanish): 1880
"I experience the greatest terror. I see his eyes when I close mine. They're hollow. Black. I will not sleep. His voice (unintelligible text)."
A Mariner's Log: 1691
"He came to me in my sleep. From the foot of my bed I felt a sensation. He took everything. We must return to England. We shall not return here again at the request of the Rake."
From a Witness: 2006
"About 4am, I woke to think that my husband got up to use the bathroom. I used the moment to steal the sheets, only to wake him up. I apologized and told him I thought he went out of bed.When he turned to face me, he gasped and pulled his feet up from the end of the bed so quickly his knee almost knocked me out of the bed. He then grabbed me and said nothing.
After adjusting to the dark, I saw the cause of his reaction. At the bed's foot, there was something sitting and facing away from us. It appeared to be a naked man, or a large hairless dog of a sort, with a disturbing and unnatural body position. As if it just got hit by a truck or something. My first thought was to help him, concerning to his condition.
My husband, on the other hand, is in fetal position, glancing at me occasionally before looking at the creature.
In a flurry motion, the creature crawled quickly in a flailing sort of motion right along the bed until it was less than a foot from my husband's face. It was completely silent for 30 seconds (or 5, it just seemed like a while) just looking at my husband. The creature then placed its hand on his knee and ran into the hallway, leading to the kids' rooms.I screamed and ran for the lightswitch, planning to stop him before he hurt my children. When I got to the hallway, the light from the bedroom was enough to see it crouching and hunched over about 20 feet away. He turned around and looked directly at me, covered in blood. I flipped the switch and saw my daughter Clara. 
She was very badly injured and spoke only once more in her short life. She said "he is the Rake". She didn't survive that night.
Police helped a lot, local newspaper took a lot of interest. However, the story was never published and local news never updated.
After several months staying at the hotel near my parent's house. We decided to go back home, and I decide to look for answers myself. We got a man who had the same experience and shared our experiences. He soon told us that 2 other people in NY who had seen the creature referred it as the Rake.
It took a lot of time to search through the small information on the Internet. Multiple people mentioned being spoken to, my daughter included. This led us to wonder if the Rake had visited any of us before our last encounter. 
I set up a digital recorder near my bed and left it running all night, for two weeks. I would tediously scan through the sounds of me rolling around in my bed each day when I woke up. By the end of the second week, I was quite used to the occasional sound of sleep while blurring through the recording at 8 times the normal speed.
On the first day of the third week, I thought I heard something different. What I found was a shrill voice. It was the Rake. I can't listen to it long enough to even begin to transcribe it. I haven't let anyone listen to it yet. All I know is that I've heard it before, and I now believe that it spoke when it was sitting in front of my husband. I don't remember hearing anything at the time, but for some reason, the voice on the recorder immediately brings me back to that moment.
The thoughts that must have gone through my daughter's head make me very upset.
I have not seen the Rake since he ruined my life, but I know that he has been in my room while I slept. I know and fear that one night I'll wake up to see him staring at me."

To read the full story, along with the videos provided, CLICK HERE

CRITICS
Yes, the story is pretty long, consisting of researches found by the main character itself, but what I really love about this story is its simplicity yet imaginative words, It didn't overly use "realistic" words, like bloodshot for instance, to describe the whole story. Truth be told, the first time I read it, I would constantly look behind to see if anything was behind me. I mean c'mon guys, imagine yourself sleeping soundly, only to be awaken by something that's so silent that made you think you're just dreaming, every night... and this thing prefers to kill its victim while they're sleeping.
Another thing is, I think that there's more than just one Rake, since multiple reports in different places are found. This made me think that the Rake could be real, but of course, I'm not gonna spoil it (You gotta read it yourselves).
Plus, this story is mostly copied from the original since I can't paraphrase most of its parts to maintain its creepiness. IF my summary didn't scare you, try reading the original, and the VID. This story deserves more recognition. It's one of those stories that makes you wanna stay awake to make sure the Rake isn't there to stare at you.
So, how was the story? How much would you rate it? 'Cause I'm definitely rating it 9.9/10 (nothing's perfect)