Artistic or not, you still gotta admit that arts everywhere; simple or complex.

Now, when I was really young, my mom would usually encourage me to do artsy stuffs, either just cut-and-paste activities, freestyle drawings, or even singing and dancing (probably because I didn't really socialize when I was really young). Thanks to that encouragement from my mom, I'm basically interested in arts in all form and I appreciate them no matter how good or bad they are, 'cause let's be honest, we all have different tastes.

I used to do all the simple stuffs when I was young. Then I start getting into poetry and photography in junior high school, due to my sudden unknowing passion for literature and mobile technology. Come to think of it, I'm kinda curious of how I ended up studying Biotechnology (now), when I wanted to be an author once, but (meh!) I'm just gonna go with the flow.

Anyhow, sometimes you might just feel blank and non-artistic, Creativity is limitless, but our brain juice is limited. So we also need some good rest to get back into our "Imagination World". I mean, you can't have an engine going non-stop, unless it's a fridge, 'cause it only stops in blackouts, and when it needs to get changed or fixed. Of course, there are many ways to get creative, starting with an inspiration.
Without inspiration, your art has no meaning. I mean, everything starts from that one tingling feeling in your chest, and once you express it, you know exactly why you do it. Not saying that you shouldn't copy others, but if you copy others style, you won't find the true inner artist within you. You can use others works as inspiration, 'cause I'm being honest, I'm not the most original artist, and that's why I prefer to say "I get inspired from..." rather than "This is my work."
Definitely not my art
You could also meditate, look at my previous post about meditation, and it really helps in getting you inspiration. I'm still unsure about how it really works, but meditation really helps you to think straight, and it really helps in finding inspiration.
Like this melted crayon art which went trendy back then
If you're the type who loves going out, try visiting art galleries, some indie shows, or maybe listen to some new songs, 'cause they usually refresh your creativity. I normally go to art galleries to find some inspiration or just to test my creativity, and it feels amazing to charge your creativity. NOTE! Don't feel discourage if you have different perspective, 'cause sometimes that might just be a thing that makes you unique.
After obtaining all this inspiration, just let them all out in what form of art that suits you; literature, painting, calligraphy, drawing, or anything else. I tend to hear that people think that they're not creative or artistic, but I usually think that everyone has that little artist heart in themselves. So go out there (or just stay in) and express that little feels out! Hope you're feeling artsy now..